Bunzz pte ltd (Singapore, CEO: Kenta Akutsu, hereinafter called “Bunzz”), which operates “Bunzz”, a DApp development infrastructure aiming to be a “web3 version of Docker Hub” announces that it has raised a total of approximately 4.5 million US Dollars in a seed round of funding.
What is Bunzz?
Bunzz is a development platform for DApps (decentralized applications using blockchain technology).
DApp development requires the use of “Smart Contracts”, which are web3-specific programs that are difficult to develop but secure. Due to Bunzz offering modularized, frequently used contracts, the difficulty of developing DApps has been dramatically reduced, and many DApps have already been launched. ( Product page: https://bunzz.dev/ )
About Bunzz’s track record
- 8,000+ DApp developers have been using it for 11 months since launch
- 3,000+ DApp projects have been deployed on the blockchain from Bunzz, making it one of the largest DApp development infrastructures in Asia
- Featured on the web3 development infrastructure chaos map published by Coinbase and recognized by the top-tier landmarks as a major infrastructure service in the Smart Contract development sector ( related article: https://www.coinbase.com/blog/a-simple-guide-to-the-web3-developer-stack )
- Nominated as a finalist in Icetea Lab, the largest web3 accelerator program in Singapore
- Winner of B Dash Crypto, one of the largest web3 pitch events in Japan
Bunzz contribution to innovation in the web3 development space
Currently, engineers who can handle DApp development are very rare. The reason is that the barrier to developing smart contracts, which are web3-specific programs, is high. In other words, if web2 software engineers could handle contract development, it would be much easier to enter the web3 space.
Bunzz has succeeded in simplifying the previously complex development process by providing frequently used contracts as modules and wrapping the preparation of nodes and the launch of the development environment.
About Bunzz’s core feature “Smart Contract Hub”
Bunzz offers a modularized version of frequently used smart contracts. These are freely available to general users and can be reused by other DApp developers.
On the other hand, there is a similar service called Open Zeppelin, an open-source library. The difference between this and Bunzz is convenience. While OZ’s code is just a library and cannot be deployed right away as it requires a development environment and nodes, Bunzz’s modules can be deployed with just a GUI. It is truly the “web3 version of Docker Hub”.
Comments from gmjp, a lead investor of this round
Comments from Kenta Akutsu, CEO & Co-Founder of Bunzz
The 13 participating investors (in alphabetical order)
- Arriba Studio ( https://arriba.studio/en/ )
- Ceres Inc. ( https://ceres-inc.jp/ )
- Coincheck Labs ( https://mobile.twitter.com/coincheck_labs )
- DG Daiwa Ventures ( https://dg-daiwa-v.com/en/ )
- gmjp ( https://gmjp.lol/ )
- GMO Web3 ( https://web3.gmo/en/ )
- GREE Ventures Inc. ( https://gree.vc/ )
- Hyperithm ( https://hyperithm.jp/ )
- Kotaro Tamura
- Kazutaka Mori
- mint ( https://mint-vc.com/ )
- SPIRAL VENTURES ( https://spiral-ventures.com/?lang=en )
- 01Booster Capital ( https://01booster.co.jp/program/01capital )
Bunzz pte ltd company profile
- Company name: Bunzz pte ltd
- Representative: Kenta Akutsu
- Head Office: 6 Eu Tong Sen Street #12-17 The Central Singapore 059817 Business: Operation of web3 development infrastructure “Bunzz
- Establishment: May, 2022
- Capital: 4,500,000 USD
- URL: https://bunzz.dev